Survivor: David vs. Goliath Episode 11 "So Smart They're Dumb" Analysis

"So far, I've been right every time."
-Christian Hubicki



Episode 11 of Survivor: David vs. Goliath was a tragic, yet hilarious episode and another great addition to this season.  We had the loved ones visit, which I always enjoy, a great Tribal Council, and everybody played well.  Don't believe me?  Let's take a closer look...


Who Played Well:

We'll start with Kara and Allison who both made the right call to jump in on Gabby's plan to vote out Christian, who is the biggest threat in the game.  If it had worked, they could have been in a good spot and maybe gotten to the final four with Gabby and Mike.  Also, good on Kara for winning Immunity.

As for Nick, Mike, and Angelina, it was also the right call for them to go for Christian, as they believed they would have the advantage moving forward along with Davie.  Nick also had the brilliant idea of tossing a few votes on Gabby.  It's a win-win for them no matter who goes home.  Mike is in an especially great spot going forward and gets to essentially choose which group will take the game.

I will say Nick did not handle the betrayal from Christian very well and was pretty transparent in the fact he was still angry.  He needed to handle everything like Davie did and maybe it would have relaxed Christian enough to vote him out, but I still think it was a net positive night for Nick.

I also think Davie made the right call in telling Christian the plan.  I think Davie is 4th in the alliance with Nick, Mike, and Angelina, so it makes sense for him to find a different path forward.  Keeping Christian in the game keeps the target off of Davie and he did it in a way that no one else knows what he did.  He voted for Christian and I think he might be in the best spot moving forward.

As for Christian, he played his Idol correctly and saved himself.  I'm not sure for how long, but he's still in the game and that's all that matters.


Who Sucked:

I got nothing for ya.


As for Gabby, I think she had the right read on the situation.  She was very self-aware of her position in the game in regards to Christian and I think this was a good time to make a move on him.  I was impressed that she was able to go through with this.  Unfortunately, she put trust in the wrong people and they were able to use her as a plan B in case Christian played his idol.  Even though she went home, I was impressed with her gameplay in the episode.


Verdict:

The "Has Got It Going On Award" for this episode goes to Davie Rickenbacker.  He was aware enough to realize his position in the alliance and was able to do something to mix the game up without giving away his position.  He made the right call to keep Christian as a shield and is in the best spot moving forward.

The "Not The Played For Me Award" for this episode goes to Nick Wilson.  Although he mostly played well, he didn't handle the Christian situation as well as he could have and I would not be surprised to see him be a target next week.

I'm shocked at how good this season continues to be.  It hasn't slowed down at all.  Gabby's exit was tragic and pretty hilarious.  I can't imagine what next week will bring.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argylle (2024) Review

Top 10 Movies of 2023

Madame Web (2024) Review