Survivor 42, Episode 6 "You Can't Hide on Survivor" Gameplay Analysis

 "I'm predictable."
-Rocksroy Bailey



It's good to see that Jeff Probst learned absolutely nothing from the Hourglass Advantage last season and once again screwed up a perfectly good episode of Survivor.  This episode pissed me off and I couldn't even enjoy the good parts.  I just feel so bad for everyone who got screwed by the twist.  Whatever.  Hopefully we never see the Hourglass again.  Let's take a look at who played well and who sucked.


Who Played Well:

When it comes to merge episodes, they are usually pretty chaotic, so I am of the mindset that the players just need to get through it.  It doesn't really matter who goes home, as long as it isn't you.  Once things settle down, then you can be more picky about who goes home.  So props to everyone who made it through, even if this isn't technically a merge episode.  It's actually even more chaotic than a merge episode.  Even Hai and Mike, who turned on a close ally, I won't give much grief.  They survived.  That's the important thing.

Jonathan, Lindsay, Maryanne, Drea, Hai, and Mike all ended up on the right side of the vote and are positioned well to take control of the game along with Omar.  It's especially impressive that the three members of Taku received votes, but all made it through.  Most of all, I can't believe Jonathan survived.  Plus Maryanne managed to hang onto her Idol.

Omar didn't have a vote, but still managed to control the vote.  I don't know how he did it, but he convinced Hai and Mike to flip on Lydia.  I would have bet money that that never would have happened, but Omar pulled it off.


Who Sucked:

I will give a little bit of credit to Rocksroy for breaking the Hourglass, but that was such an obvious move that I can't give him much credit.  He did end up on the wrong side of the vote and was alone in voting for Lindsay.  That's not great, so ultimately I'm giving him a net negative.

Romeo was also on the wrong side of the vote in voting for Maryanne.  I don't know why Drea didn't bring him into the alliance with her and Rocksroy, but he must have done something wrong in order to be excluded.

Chanelle and Tori are unanimously seen as untrustworthy  Chanelle would have been going home if it wasn't for the Hourglass Advantage and Tori would have gone if she hadn't won Immunity.  It seems like no one wants to work with them and they both ended up on the wrong side of the vote.  Plus Tori got into disagreements with Rocksroy twice during the episode.

As for Lydia, she was utterly screwed.  I don't know what more she could have done besides play her Shot in the Dark or maybe turn on Hai, but I don't even know if that would have worked.  Tough break and I'm sorry to see her go.


Verdict:

Best Player of the Episode goes to Omar Zaheer for controlling the vote without a vote and for convincing Hai and Mike to turn on Lydia while saving the Taku tribe.

Worst Player of the Episode goes to Chanelle Howell for being universally seen as untrustworthy and ending up on the wrong side of the vote.  Tori at least won Immunity to keep herself from the Worst Player spot.

I wash my hands of this episode.  Let's move on to an Hourglass-free future for all of us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argylle (2024) Review

Top 10 Movies of 2023

Madame Web (2024) Review