Survivor: David vs. Goliath Episode 6 Analysis "Aren't Brochachos Just Adorable?"

"I don't do well with know-it-alls."
-Carl Boudreaux 



I really though episode 6 of Survivor: David vs. Goliath was going to be pretty predictable, but I myself was #blindsided by the outcome.  How did our castaways do in terms of gameplay this episode?  Let's take a look.


Who Played Well:

Starting over on the Vuku tribe, we'll talk about Alec and Kara.  Neither of them got a ton of screen-time, but when the Davids broke down and had their argument about the shelter, Alec and Kara were both wise enough to keep their mouths shut and let the Davids implode.  Kara even mentioned how she doesn't like conflict, but she let it happen for the good of her game.  Solid gameplay right there.

Moving on to the Jabeni tribe, who I really felt bad for in the Immunity challenge, I though for sure Angelina was going home, but she managed to convince Mike not to turn on her and helped get Nick to flip.  I'm not quite sure how she did it and I don't know how much credit she deserves, but she's still in the game and the person she wanted to go home did, so props to her.

I thought Mike was going to be a real pushover and just let Angelina go out of the game, but I was very surprised to see him get Nick to help vote out Lyrsa.  It was absolutely the right move for him and I think he is well set up going into the merge.

Nick's play was a little more mixed, but I think he will be all right.  Obviously, Lyrsa going out is not the ideal situation for him and I could tell he wanted Angelina to go.  I have to assume Mike stood firm and refused to vote out Angelina.  It's not great for Nick, but I think he made the right call to let Lyrsa go and not throw a fit about it.  He did the best he could in a bad situation.

Over on the Tiva tribe, Alison was great in comforting Gabby and the bond the two of them forged could come into play now that they both have more room to maneuver in the merge.

Christian and John continue to bond and they both have solid social games.  I hope their alliances continues.  It may be my favorite of the season.


Who Sucked:

Going back to Vuku, all three of the Davids handled the shelter situation poorly.  I get Elizabeth wanting to make the shelter more comfortable, but she can't get mad at people for not knowing about her back issues.  She didn't say anything about it until now.  Had she spoken up before, I'm sure the rest of the tribe would have been more than willing to help fix the shelter, but they aren't mind-readers.  Elizabeth started all of this off on the wrong foot.

David should not have started taking the shelter apart.  In no world was that a good idea.  All that was going to do was piss Elizabeth off.  He needed to keep his mouth shut and vent in one-on-one conversations about it, not have an argument in front of the entire tribe.

Carl didn't need to get involved in the argument either.  He was rightfully annoyed with Elizabeth, but jumping in to defend Davie was the wrong call.  Let the two of them fight and keep your head down.


Dan didn't really do anything positive or negative in this episode.

As for Lyrsa, I think she did about as well as she could have in this episode.  She was in a tough spot and had no control over her fate.  There wasn't much she could do with Mike not wanting to vote out a Goliath.  Just a bad draw, but that's Survivor.  


Verdict:

The "Stacy's Blog has Got It Going On Award" for this episode goes to Mike White.  I didn't expect him to be able to dig in his heels and save Angelina.  It was 100% the right call and he's in a solid spot moving forward.

The "Not The Player For Me Award" goes to Elizabeth Olson for poorly handling the shelter situation and expecting the rest of her tribe to know what's wrong without saying anything.

Though one of the less entertaining episodes of the season, I was genuinely shocked out the outcome and am beyond excited for the merge. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argylle (2024) Review

Top 10 Movies of 2023

Madame Web (2024) Review