Ranking the Cloverfield Movies

Well, now that I'm finally caught up on watching all of the Cloverfield movies, I supposed I should rank them.  I think this series is interesting because each film is so drastically different from the others.  But still, I think we all know which film is number 1...


#1: 10 Cloverfield Lane



It shouldn't surprise anyone that I have this film as number 1.  It's so great.  It has an excellent, capable protagonist in Mary Elizabeth Winstead, an amazing, complex villain in John Goodman, a simple, yet engaging story, and pure excellence all the way through.  I love 10 Cloverfield Lane.  It's easily the best in the series and it isn't close.  I know some people don't care for the 3rd act, but I don't have a problem with it.  Like with The Cloverfield Paradox, the end serves as a way to connect this film to Cloverfield, but unlike The Cloverfield Paradox, it doesn't feel forced here.  I know some may disagree, but I don't care.

 10/10: Amazing 


#2: The Cloverfield Paradox



 This may be controversial, and it was a close race for second, but I do believe The Cloverfield Paradox is the better film, mainly because the characters in the original film are more irritating, whereas they are simply bland in this movie.  I do like the story of Paradox, but I've seen it done better in other media.  Plus, as I stated above, the connection to Cloverfield feels very forced.  Paradox has some fun moments, but it's nothing special.

 5/10: Meh 


#3: Cloverfield





Last and least, we have the original movie.  Like I said, the characters in this movie, particularly the cameraman played by T.J. Miller, are annoying.  Plus I don't like that this movie is found footage.  If you're going to do found footage, HOLD THE CAMERA STEADY!  I don't care if it's not realistic, I just want to watch the damn movie.  I do like how the story is very focused on a small group of characters with a global event happening around them, but I did enjoy watching this film the least out of the three.  Here's hoping the next Cloverfield movie can top them all.  Or at least the original and Paradox.

 5/10: Meh 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argylle (2024) Review

Top 10 Movies of 2023

Madame Web (2024) Review